WHAT IS PITTSBURGH HOME CARE?
Our Licensed, Certified Life Care Managers have the expertise to assist families in determining if aging in place at home is in the best interest of your loved one. Our Pittsburgh PA Life Care practice can oversee and assure the safety all aspects of the individual’s life at home including medication management, physical and cognitive concerns, caregivers, nutrition, scheduling and transport to doctors’ office, monitoring of safety, referrals to PT/OT, even home maintenance concerns.
There are many advantages to living at home as you age:
- You can continue to carry on your own personal habits or routines such as sleeping when you want, eating when you want, socializing when you want
- You are much less likely to contract a communicable disease than in an institutional setting such as independent, personal care or assisted living.
- It can cost less than institutional care, depending on the level of care needed
- You can be visited by anyone at any time or any hour of the day
- Its comfortable and something you are familiar with
- The Life Care Manager can arrange for in-home medical care such as physical therapy or private caregivers to improve safety
- Alterations can be made to your physical environment to make it safer to reside
- There are easier ways to improve your nutrition at home than at a setting where you need to eat the prepared foods, that may not be to your taste or nutritional needs.
- It’s an environment you are familiar with and there for less likely to sustain a fall
- The Life Care Manager can bring in all the support needed to make it a conducive place to age.
Aging in place in your own home with the support of a Life Care Manager, lets you live the life you want to live, gives you the safety you need, the independence you deserve, and strengthens your relationships with the people who you consider the most important to you.
There are instances where living at home is no longer safe or possible. The Life Care Manager has the expertise and resource knowledge to be able to advise families when this time is apparent. They are also familiar with all the levels of service, various types of facilities and costs of these services in and around Pittsburgh to help families with this make an educated decision that is customized to their loved one.
Life Care Management services with Holistic Aging can save you time, money, and the frustration of figuring out the system. If you would like assistance from educated licensed, certified professionals contact us directly at 412-486-6677 or through our contact us form.
The benefits of telehealth Even before the pandemic, the use of telehealth was growing—popular mostly among younger patients. But by the end of 2020, many seniors also had warmed up to telehealth, seeing their doctors online from the comfort and safety of their own home or senior living community. Studies confirm the rapid increase in…Read More