Memory Care Pittsburgh
Memory care focuses on what an individual is capable vs. not able to do, to improve the quality of life for the person with memory problems. For those with Alzheimer's disease or other kinds of dementia our program encourages people with memory issues to enjoy life, while also offering education and family support.
A Life Care Manager can help people with dementia:
- get the correct diagnosis
- develop a support system to prepare and plan for the future
- encourage the person with dementia to take an active role in their condition
- customize a plan of care to meet the individual’s needs. It’s important to remember that everyone experiences dementia and its progression in their own way.
- offer suggestions to allow the person with dementia to be able to lead active and fulfilled lives
- coach the family and care providers on ways to communicate with people with dementia
- assure a safe environment for memory care Pittsburgh
- improve the symptoms and slow the progression of the disease
- cope with changes in behavior
- offer recommendations when driving becomes a concern
- monitor money management and financial safety
- familiar with methods to recommend when the person will not accept help
Early signs that you may need memory care:
- Memory Loss that may disrupt your life V.S. sometimes forgetting appointments and remembering later
- Challenges in planning or solving problems V.S. making occasional errors balancing a check book
- Difficulty in completing a familiar task V.S. occasionally needing help to work the TV remote
- Confusion with time or place V.S. forgetting the day of the week/date but remembering later
Memory Care Pittsburgh services with Holistic Aging can save you time, money, and the frustration of figuring out the system. If you would like assistance from educated licensed, certified professionals contact us directly at 412-486-6677 or through our contact form.
April 16 is National Healthcare Decisions Day. Have you created health care directives? If you haven’t, or you aren’t sure your documents are up to date, here some questions you might have. #1: Why should people express their wishes about health care? Isn’t that for their doctor to decide? Today’s health care technologies are pretty…Read More